Boards, Council & Other Meetings
Lutheran Church Missouri Synod - Norman, Oklahoma
BOARDS AND COUNCIL
We THANK YOU all for serving in our congregation!
Council meets on
Sunday, June 11th at 6:30 p.m
- Elders Board - Sun. June 11th 1:30 p.m.
- Stewardship Board - Wed. June 7th, 7:30 p.m.
- Education Board - Wed. June, 28th, 6:30 pm
- Evangelism Board - Sun. June 4th, 11:45 am
- School Board - Tues. June 6th, 6:30 p.m.
- Board of Trustees - Sat. June 10th, 9:30 a.m.
All Board members please note these times and plan to attend.
PASTORS' CONTINUNG EDUCATION CONFERENCE Mon. - Wed. June 12-14
Both Vicar and Pastor will attend a "continuing education" retreat and conference at Camp Lutherhaven Retreat Center in Knowles, Oklahoma. The theme is "Gospel of Mark and will be taught by Dr. Peter Scaer." Dr. Scaer was our first vicar in 1990 and now teaches at Concordia Theological Seminary in Ft. Wayne, IN.
Sunday June 25 12:00 noon
in the Fellowship Hall
- Brief Bible devotion.
- Board reports in written form and available for questions
- Election of new board members and officers for 2017-2018.
- The Hinners organ fund and the planned work schedule for when it will be installed in our sanctuary.
All communicant members at least 18 years old plan to attend this meeting. Let's have good attendance! This is a great way for you to participate in the life of your congregation and show support for your elected leaders. Also, this is a chance for you to be involved and active in our appointed tasks.
In addition this month, we elect new congregation officers for 2017-2018. When you are asked to serve on various boards or council, say "Yes, I will serve gladly and do my part in serving our Lord in this congregation!" We need each of us to do our part!
We also want to thank all of you who have served these past two years and want to acknowledge the work of the selfless service you've given us. We all serve through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and in love for one another but we still want to offer each of you a big, "thank you!"